Advocacy and Research Specialist
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND TRADE SERVICES
• Undertakes the preparation of the work programs and budget of the committee in coordination with assigned Vice President and Committee Chairpersons.
• Develops policy and procedural documents and undertake studies and analyses as well as technical assistance in the area of Trade facilitation and trade compliance in relation to PCCI’s advocacy and thrusts with coordination and consultation with the Vice President and Committee.
• Prepare working documents, presentations/speeches, briefing and reports for the Committee and Vice President
• Organizes and manages the holding of workshops, seminars and other events in coordination with the Vice President and Committee. This includes formulating the program, gathering the materials, coordinating logistics and other arrangements.
• Represents the PCCI in various government-private sector fora, Congressional and other public
hearings as required.
• Schedules and facilitates Committee meetings. This includes preparation of the agenda, materials and minutes, follow-ups and updating/monitoring and evaluation of matters arising from the minutes, and all other committee requests.
• Bachelor’s Degree in International Trade, Economics or Customs related field
• Experience/Knowledge in policy, research and technical skills, in Trade Facilitation, and international customs and trade procedures.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability for accuracy under pressure and adheres to deadlines
• Commitment to teamwork and collaborative work practices
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills
Should have general experience/knowledge in Customs legislations/procedures and trade facilitation related matters. With background knowledge specifically on the revised Kyoto Convention and International Trade.
CUSTOMS AND TRADE FACILITATION SPECIALIST