Following the resolution that led to the downfall of the colonial Spanish government, patriotic fervour among the country's business leaders paved the way for the establishment of the Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines (CCP) in 1903. Barely half a centry after, a group of industrial lists founded the Philippine Chamber of Industries (PCI).
On July 1, 1978, the marriage of both chambers gave birth to one strong force in the business community, the Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PCCI). With the signing of then President Ferdinance E. Marcos on December 7, 1978 of the Letter of Instruction No. 780, the PCCI was recognized and bestwoed the designation as the country's "single voice of business."
PCCI is the voice of Philippine business recognized by government and international institutions. As a proactive catalyst of development, PCCI promotes and supports the drive for globally competitive Philippine enterprises in partnership with government, local chambers, and other business organizations.
The main responsibility of PCCI is to provide focused advocacy for business growth and sustainable development by providing business services for the advancement of grassroots entrepreneurships, chamber development, international trade relations, business innovation and excellence, and operating efficiency. These will be achieved through a professional organization working in close cooperation with various stakeholders in public and private sectors.
Steadfast suppot for the promotion and growth of micro, small and medium enterprises nationwide;
Pioneer policy reform initiatives to improve the business climate and sustain socio-economic development;
Spearhead national and international networking thorugh business matching, trade misisons, and information sharing;
Support capability building for local chambrs and industry associations.